Cindi Donnelly, DVM, Diplomate ACVD, is a board-certified dermatologist in Tucson.
Dr. Cindi Donnelly is a native New Mexican. After high school she left the Southwest for the Pacific Northwest to pursue an undergraduate degree in aquatic biology at the University of Washington in Seattle.
From there she went to the University of Florida where she obtained her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 1983. After practicing small animal medicine for one year in Sarasota, Florida, she moved with her husband to Israel, where she worked at Safari, a wild animal park, in Ramat-Gan.
Upon returning to the US in 1985, she entered private small animal practice in Bethesda, Maryland. In 1989, Dr. Donnelly began an internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the prestigious Animal Medical Center in New York City, the largest small animal hospital in the country.
She completed a residency in veterinary dermatology in 1992 at the Animal Medical Center and remained there for an additional year as a staff dermatologist.
After becoming board certified in veterinary dermatology in 1994, she and her family moved to Tucson, Arizona, where she opened a small animal dermatology referral service, Dermatology and Allergy for Animals, located within Pima Pet Clinic/Animal Emergency Service.
While maintaining her current schedule at Pima Pet Clinic, she joined the staff of Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson upon its opening in July 2004.
Areas of Special Interest
- Undergraduate degree in aquatic biology – University of Washington, Seattle
- 1983 – DVM – University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine
- 1983 – General practice veterinarian – Sarasota, Florida
- 1984 – Veterinarian at Safari wild animal park in Ramat-Gan, Israel
- 1985 – General practice veterinarian – Bethesda, Maryland
- 1989 – Internship – The Animal Medical Center, New York City
- 1990-1992 – Residency – Dermatology – The Animal Medical Center, New York City
- 1992-1993 – Staff dermatologist – The Animal Medical Center, New York City
- 1994 – Diplomate, ACVD
- 1994-present – Owner, Dermatology and Allergy for Animals, Tucson, Arizona Veterinary Surgery
- 2004 – part-time dermatologist, Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson