The board-certified veterinary neurologists at Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the brain, spinal cord, muscles and nerves.
Vet Neurology Services
At our Tucson hospital, our board-certified veterinary neurologist provides comprehensive medical and surgical care for pets with neurological conditions.
During your initial appointment, our veterinary neurologist will complete a thorough neurological exam to determine if, and which part of, your pet's nervous system is impacted.
Following the exam, the neurologist will review the most likely causes for your pet's issues with you. Our diagnostic imaging and state-of-the-art MRI services can help determine the exact cause and available treatment options. These can include surgery, medical therapy or intensive care.
Our Board-Certified Veterinary Neurologists
A board-certified veterinary neurologist has completed additional specialized training in the field of veterinary neurology. During residency training, the veterinarian is exposed to a variety of neurological diseases impacting a variety of animals, which is followed by an extensive examination process.
Common Neurologic Conditions
Neurological conditions in pets commonly treated by our veterinary neurologist include:
- Encephalitis and meningitis
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Syringomyelia/Occipital malformation
- Chronic pain
- Epilepsy, especially difficult to manage or refractory cases
- Brain and spinal tumors
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Stroke and fibrocartilagenous embolism (FCE)
- MRI and CT interpretation
- Complete neurologic exam and lesion localization
- Cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) collection and evaluation
- Nerve and muscle biopsy
- Hemilaminectomy and ventral slot decompression for IVDD
- Craniotomy (brain surgery) for brain tumors
- Lumbosacral dorsal laminectomy for LS stenosis and cauda equina syndrome
- Spinal tumor removal or biopsy