Dr. Sherry A. Wynn
Sherry A. Wynn, DVM, is an Emergency Veterinarian at Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson.
Dr. Wynn is a true, blue Tucson native! She attended the University of Arizona where she earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Pre-Veterinary Medicine with a minor in Chemistry while receiving Honorable Mention for Academic Distinction and making the Dean’s List.
Following college, she worked as the Emergency Service Coordinator as a Certified Veterinary Technician at Valley Animal Hospital for 4 years before deciding to further her career in Veterinary Medicine.
She went back to school and earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Purdue University, College of Veterinary Medicine in 2013. While at Purdue, Dr. Wynn was involved in a variety of leadership positions, including serving as the Student Chapter President of the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society for 2 years.
In addition to being named to the Dean’s list for all four years, she was recognized with several scholarships and awards for her veterinary abilities and leadership, most notably, earning the prestigious Proficiency in Emergency and Critical Care Award from the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society in 2012.
The outstanding reputation, high emergency case load and variety of specialty services offered here at the Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson in Dr. Wynn’s home town are what brought her back to pursue a one year internship in emergency medicine and surgery.
Following the completion of her advanced training/internship, Dr. Wynn was then offered a permanent emergency staff doctor position at VSCT. Dr. Wynn is looking forward to her many opportunities to help the pets of Tucson when a need arises, and we are thrilled to have her as a part of our hospital team.
Areas of Special Interest
- 2014 – Present: Emergency Veterinarian, Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson, Tucson, Arizona
- 2013-2014: Internship, Veterinary Specialty Center of Tucson, Tucson, Arizona
- 2009-2013: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree, Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine, West Lafayette, Indiana
- 2005-2009: Emergency Service coordinator, Certified Veterinary Technician at Valley Animal Hospital, Tucson, Arizona
- 2001-2005: Bachelor of Science degree in Pre-Veterinary Medicine with a minor in Chemistry, University of Arizona College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Tucson Arizona